Author Archives: JenniferL

Jennifer is the PR and Communications contact for 5 Minutes for Mom. When she is not busy answering emails, you can find her blogging at or tweeting about her delicious recipes on

Help! My Child Has Gone Crazy

Having tantrums is part of being a toddler. Almost anything has potential to trigger a tantrum in a little one. When my kids were little, they had plenty of tantrums. There was rarely a day when someone wasn’t having a tantrum over something.

There were many days when I felt like banging my head on the floor right along with the fit thrower. However, I realized early on all this would do was make one more crying person. Mom losing her cool only made matters worse. Someone needed to maintain their composure, and it needed to be me.

Once I realized I needed to keep my cool when my little ones were losing theirs, I tried to figure out how to stay calm.

Continue Reading »

What Do You Love About Being a Mom?

I know it’s cliche, but it’s so true; a mom’s job is never done. It’s 24/7.  Whether you’re working or stay-at-home doesn’t matter. Even if your not with your kiddos all the time, your mind is running crazy with all of your mommy thoughts. It’s exhausting! I know. This stay-at-home mama of 3 has been there. And I’m not ashamed to admit that anti-anxiety medication is just one tool that I use to manage it.

But another tool I’ve found helpful is simple positive thinking. At New Years I resolved to take simple steps to “Be the Best Mom” I can be in 2013.

Continue Reading »

Craving More Energy

I am pretty much one of those people whose energy levels stay depleted. I run on fumes about 85% of the times, and the other 15% I spend doing my best trying to just stay afloat when I am awake. I haven’t always been this way, and I thought for some time that I might just be sick or something. It wasn’t until I readIf You Have a Craving, I Have a Cureby Sheri Rose Shepherd that I realized my energy levels were like they were because I was not taking care of myself in a Godly way.

Sheri shares throughout this book, some very thought provoking things, but this chapter on energy is the one that really struck a chord with me and made me stop and think about what I am doing to my body.

Continue Reading »

The Adventures of Toby: Making Friends (Review)

Written by 5 Minutes for Mom Writer Jill Berry.

The Toby series of animated, faith-based family films is made by a diverse collection of artists in South Africa with a mission to teach children about Jesus. My family and I recently reviewed a DVD from the collection called The Adventures of Toby: Making Friends.

Toby is a cute little tot who wants to meander around observing his world. You know how little kids want to take forever to walk from the house to the car? Well, Toby is too busy observing his world to rush. But, like most little kids, Toby’s mom and family are too busy to stop and smell the roses.

Continue Reading »