We are delighted that you are interested in writing for 5 Minutes for Faith. We offer daily devotionals for moms, by moms, and we have many different ways you can contribute to the site. Here’s a run down of all the positions we have at 5 Minutes for Faith…
Guest Contributions: We are always looking for guest contributors and these posts are featured as needed or on Saturdays. A short bio about you will be included at the end of your devotional (can include a link to your blog).
Regular Contributors: These are the writers that are on the calendar to write for us on a regularly scheduled basis. We typically fill these positions with reliable writers who are willing to contribute two devotions per month. All Regular Contributors are added to our “Meet Our Contributors” page, with a mini-bio that typically has a link to your blog and a link to your full “about me” page here at the site.
Floating Contributors: These positions are also held by reliable devotional writers. This is not a scheduled position per-se, instead, these contributors simply submit one to two devotionals per month for us to use as needed. It is a little more flexible position. Floating Contributors are also listed in our “Meet Our Contributors” page with a bio (couple paragraphs), photo and link to your blog/personal website.
Guidelines for All Contributors…
The following guidelines apply to any devotional contributions:
- Devotional must be Biblically based and themed around Biblical principals (please include scripture, reference and version).
- Devotions should be between 250 and no more than 500 words in length.
- Contributors must read and agree with our Statement of Faith.
- We prefer that devotions not be previously published anywhere else or on your blog.
- If you are a regular contributor and occasionally would like to submit a devotion you have already posted online, it should not be a devotion posted within the last 6 months, preferably one year (I’m happy to answer any questions about this!).
- Regular Contributors: devotions must be submitted in the administration area of the site no less than two weekdays prior to your scheduled devotional day (ex. Tuesday devotions need to be in on Friday, Thursday devotions need to be in by Tuesday, etc.).
If all of that sounds good and you feel the Lord leading you to become a writer for 5 Minutes for Faith, please email our Managing Editor, Deb, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will get back with you and let you know if we are currently accepting applications. Thanks.
See our Disclosure Policy for details.