The binding creeks as I open wide. Its golden edges have worn in color, but still glisten in the rising light. And I breathe in deep while opening my heart to receive His whispers through the margins.
For the word of God is alive and active.
Sharper than any double-edged sword,
it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit,
joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
It took years for me to truly discover the validity of this verse. That His Word written thousands of years ago can still resonate loudly in my soul today. That this living God I serve can whisper fresh, relevant promises to me when I invite the verses in and let them percolate.
And today I’d love to share with you the latest five gifts of promises I’ve clung to lately:
- God’s peace can guard my heart (Phil 4:6-7)
- God will never go back on His word (Isaiah 45:23)
- God’s love knows no bounds (Hosea 14:4)
- I have the ability to radiate life (Luke 11:36)
- No one. Not one. Can rob me of my joy (John 16:22)
Thank You, Father, for thinking of me so many years ago and knowing I would need to read Your breath. Your mercies are truly new. every. morning. Praise Your name, Abba…