“But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.
If you keep to my path,
I will reveal to you the salvation of God.“
My breath caught as I saw giving thanks defined as a sacrifice here. Is it really that hard? Does it truly stretch us as we discipline ourselves to acknowledge where all good and perfect gifts come from?
I then discovered a sacrifice by definition is an offering of surrender. And when we give thanks to God for all He has done for us, we are are surrendering…accepting we couldn’t have or do or be without Him.
So today, I bow low and offer high. I extend my simple offering of thanks to My King, the author of my salvation.
Thank You, Father, for:
- Never changing. You are the only constant in my life.
- Lavishing me with Your undeserving grace and scandalous love.
- Showing glimpses of Your splendor through nature. You never paint the same sunrise twice and I’ll never get over…You.
- Blessing me with the role of mother, this gift of watching over Your children.
- Having hope and never giving up on me.
Thou that has given so much to me,
Give one thing more — a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleases me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days;
But such a heart, whose pulse may be Thy praise.
How about you, friend? What are you thankful for today? Let’s offer a sacrifice of praise together. Please, do share in comments something you wouldn’t have without Him. I’d love to hear.